What determines the development of the gambling industry today can be expressed in just two words - Rise and Discipline. More and more people around the globe are choosing gambling as a form of leisure. For the pleasure to be complete, it must take place in a safe and secure environment. The gambling business could have a stable development only when it is supported by the law and regularly monitored by authorized bodies. One such regulator is the Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC) from Canada.
Kahnawake is an Indian region on Canadian territory. In Canada, there are two kinds of laws for gambling business regulation. One governs the market at the state level, while the Native Canadian districts are allowed to regulate their own gambling activities.
The Kahnawake Gaming Commission is one of the first licensing authorities engaged with the mission to extend online casino licensing. The Commission is extremely strict about enforcing its policies. It is true that at the beginning of the Commission's activity, casinos with an extremely bad reputation applied for licenses together with casinos with an excellent reputation and licensing was worth more effort.
In Canada, online casinos are not allowed to operate outside the country. Only the state-based operations are considered to be legal ones and they are allowed to offer gambling only to the residents of the country. The Kahnawake Gaming Commission was founded in 1996 to regulate casinos registered within Mohawk Tribal Territory in Canada. Now it presides over 250 online casino operators licensed within the district. The KGC ensures that the following regulatory guidelines are strictly maintained:
- Interactive gaming should be conducted responsibly, fairly and honestly;
- To prevent the association of gambling activities and criminality;
- Fair game play and prompt payouts for winners should be ensured;
- Under-aged and vulnerable players should be protected.
Due to the seriousness with which they treat their responsibilities, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission's licensed casinos are distinguished by the sign of reputable casinos. To the good status are added the lower local fees and favorable tax rates, which is a prerequisite for many casinos to choose to be licensed through the Commission.
In the interest of stable business development, all casinos and gambling operators who apply to work legally through the KGC jurisdiction are thoroughly inspected before any permits are given for trade. The procedure usually takes between 4 and 8 weeks. The Commission also investigates owners and key persons of the online gaming company, any individual who has a 10% (or higher) stake in the company to ensure that everyone associated meet the requirements of the commission.
The interactive vendors obtain first a 6-month preliminary permit which gives the chance to the Commission to supervise live operations of the company before permanent licenses are awarded.
The Kahnwake Gambling Commission has a pretty wide authority under which it may decide to suspend or revoke the permits of some of its licensees. Only operators that are reputable enough will be kept to ensure that Kahnawake rules have some sort of meaning for an important regulator.
When applying for licenses, operators are required to pay certain fees, but once licensed, they do not need to pay income tax for operating from the Mohawk Tribal District. On the other hand, players at KGC-licensed casinos should declare winnings in their own countries and adhere to their tax laws.
Advantages for Operators
Because of the advantages, they would have to develop their business as licensed operators, many companies are ready to meet all inspections and pay quite large fees when applying. These benefits include:
- Status: A virtual casino license is a symbol of a stable business and a safe place for relaxed entertainment. A regulated casino is always preferable to an illegal one.
- International approval: The Kahnawake Gambling Commission is widely accepted in countries where online gambling practices are allowed to operate legally. The Commission works in partnership with other jurisdictions. This provides support to licensed operators throughout the network.
- Favorable Tax Rates: Being a KGC licensed operator within the borders of Mohawk district may give you the chance to work with 0% income tax rate, which is a great benefit for an operator in this jurisdiction.
Advantages for Players
The KGC legislates a number of player protection protocols. The benefits that users of services provided by licensed casinos can be the following:
- Easy access: KGC-licensed casinos maintain optimal convenience for their clients offering amazing games with easy access and understandable rules. Players are able to access titles from some of the best gaming developers in the world.
- Data protection: All KGC sites are equipped with modern high technologies that ensure complete protection of their users' personal information.
- High-quality software: The software of each casino applicant for a KG Commission license is subject to strict monitoring and evaluation of its quality. This provides players with excellent, seamless platforms for great fun. Feel free to play at KGC operators to appreciate the innovative software that comes with great administration.
- Quick and fair payouts: The KGC are well known for its intolerance to casinos that do not pay players' winnings on time. So make your registration at a KGC licensed casino, play for fun and big wins – you can be sure that you will be paid instantly.
- Dispute resolution: All KGC-licensed casinos offer friendly customer support services. The KG Commission will be an excellent mediator with the resolution of any dispute between a player and a casino. If a player submits a timely complaint to the Commission, then the Commission requires that the operator in question responds to the said complaint within seven days. If the casino does not respond to the complaint in a timely fashion, or at all, then the Commission may automatically and summarily find in favor of the player and fine the casino accordingly. This provides a sense of peace of mind when using these sites.
- Responsible gambling: The KGC licensees must have the necessary tools that ban under-aged users from betting, tools to set player limits and curb problem gambling. The player must also have means by which they can self-exclude from a particular casino.
One of the factors of trouble-free and responsible betting is to play at a legal and licensed casino. Each licensing authority is committed through its requirements and control to ensure stable development of operators and safe entertainment of consumers. The Kahnawake Gambling Commission licenses are an indicator and a sure sign that a licensed casino has a good reputation. Although not as strictly regulated as by the GB Gambling Authority or Malta Gambling Commission, the sites of Kahnawake licensing jurisdiction are also a guarantee of fair gambling and safe entertainment.