Pirates and their desire for adventure, sneaky deeds, discovering new worlds and treasure is the inspiration for many casino slot scenarios realized by innovative game providers. Pirates are definitely in the top 10 most used topics for online casino games. Playing slots with a pirate theme is fun, and we love them no less than casino software vendors. You don't have to go outside the law to get your treasures - you can just play pirate slots and earn money legally and without having to survive the storm.
Game Symbols and Graphics
As for the symbols of most pirated themed online slots, many of them share very common symbols. Well, depending on the software provider for a particular game and the specific game setting, there may be a slight deviation of these symbols, but most of them are similar. In every slot machine you will see the traditional Scatter, Wild and Bonus Symbols.
The main icons you will see include the treasury and the compass. Gold coins are also quite a popular choice, as are barrels, shovels used to dig up the treasure and even a hook, ships, hand wheel and the head-and-bones sign as a game symbol. You will see hidden treasure maps, canons, gunpowder, rum and exotic pets we associate with this genre.
Usually the graphics of these online pirate themed slots are extremely impressive. Most are set in a place that the dark atmosphere engulfs the entire game. This tends to add to the scary and mysterious topic and get your full attention. Pirate icons are designed to look messy, lined with a touch of danger and fearlessness.
In addition, some of the most exciting titles of this kind take a few characters from your favorite pirate-themed films. "Pirates of the Caribbean", "Sinbad" and "The Black Corsair" are perhaps one of the most famous films on this topic.
As for the soundtracks of most of the pirate-themed titles, you'll find that they follow a combination of Caribbean tones and Hollywood action-adventure soundtracks to capture the game's motive. This goes hand in hand with the events in these reels, which are decorated mostly with scary bandits, maps, flags or sometimes piles of prizes from treasure hunts and raids. As a result, metal music is preferred in this setting as it creates a feeling of anticipation, fear and thrill when things get intense.
General Game Features
As for the features of the pirate themed slot games, everyone will find something to suit the taste. There are both simple classic 3-reel slots and several paylines and complex video slots with very detailed graphics that make you look like a full-fledged computer game with a variety of bonus rounds.
Most free spins are activated with 3 or more specific symbols, as with the Scatter, Wild and Bonus symbols, and you can often get additional free spins and perhaps even the amazing bonus that multiplies a player's winning. There is often a game of risk, for example when a player is presented with a card face down, hiding its value from the player, which can be red or black. If you guess the value of the cards correctly, then there is a chance to double your winnings.
Best Pirate Slot Machine Providers
As with many other themed slot machines, there is a great demand for this particular gambling genre. Pirate themed slots are designed by the world's most famous game developers. They use the best creative minds in the industry to put together exciting games that stay true to the slot plot. The most popular developers, along with their most popular games, are as follows:
- Quickspin has built a reputation as a leading provider of themed games, thanks in part to their excellent attention to design detail and their ability to create a compelling in-game experience. The Swedish-based company uses the pirate theme with great effect in many of its titles, including Pirates Charm, Boom Pirates and Skulls Up!
- Red Tiger is another provider that puts a lot of emphasis on the game's plot. Pirates Plenty is a great example of how they assign missions in the slot to optimize a player's journey. There are many more examples of slot developers that offer pirate-themed slot games, each with their unique style and branding specific to their company.
- The feeling in Ghost Pirates from NetEnt is both scary and cool. Dedicated to ghost ship legends, this game may scare you at first with its dramatic sound effects and mysterious game symbols, but your fear will disappear once you get your first winning combination.
- If you prefer something more fun, we recommend trying the Ice Pirates of Endorphina. The game will take you to the icy cold waters of the Arctic, where freezing pirates are trying to get their treasures.
- In Pirate Island, designed and developed by iSoftBet, the key to win big treasures is using a treasure map and swords to hit anyone and anything that might try to stop you from reaching your goal.
- Booty Time, by Microgaming, is a game in which pets are also ambitiously looking for their own fair or perhaps unfair share of the prey. Macaws, parrots and pelicans go to sea like pirates and start arguing about how the treasure should be distributed among them.
Reasons to Play Online Slot Games with Pirate Theme
Pirate-themed online slot machines usually present the life and times of pirates with all the extra exaggerations we look for and hope for in a well-told tale. Playing these games gives us the opportunity to feel as if we are the protagonist, facing the same challenges as ever, fighting with teeth and nails against any chance of gaining wealth, even the bonus rounds are equipped with all the ornaments of pirate history and legend.