BEGE and EEGS 2015
EEGS 2015 - Eastern European gaming summit
Let us point out the importance that the traditional Eastern European Gaming Summit (EEGS), held in November 2015 in Sofia, Bulgaria, had for manufacturers and operators in the field of online gaming.
The organizer of the event
EEGS is organized by the Bulgarian Trade Association of Manufacturers and Operators in the Gaming Industry (BTAMOGI) and since its first edition in 2008 it has become a networking and discussion nexus in Eastern Europe.
The importance of EEGS
This is an annual event, held for the eighth straight year in 2015. At this important gaming industry forum, the most important one for the region of Eastern Europe, professionals, manufacturers, operators, regulators, gaming attorneys, and all related specialists can not only refresh their knowledge about the developing and changing gaming standards, but also outline the perspectives for gaming marketing for the Eastern European region.
This year again, it was a busy hub for professionals and experts in online and offline gaming who participated in discussions and presented the current trends in modern gaming. EEGS is an event that enables them all to meet potential and current partners, exchange ideas and opinions, and benefit from the discussions and presentations held.
Brief outline of the topics discussed at EEGS 2015
- Topic 1: Presentation of key regulatory changes for the Eastern and Western European region. Among these, the 4th Anti Money Laundering Directive was presented by leaders in the field, and the manner in which it is implemented by gambling entities was dwelt on.
- Topic 2: Responsible Gaming; the attention was drawn to the protection of players from gambling addiction, with reference to good practices implemented in countries like Bulgaria and Romania.
- Topic 3: Convergence of land based and online gaming; a topic of special interest for all professionals in the gaming industry, with opinions presented by leading company representatives such as Dr. Angelo Dalli, Bit8 CEO, Lydia Barbara, Pegasus Gaming Solutions Head, James Illingworth, GLI European Business Development Director, Konrad Gill, Casino Technology Interactive iGaming Director. The opinions presented were of special benefit for those who are planning to launch their online gaming business.
- Regulators Round Table, under the patronage of the Bulgarian State Commission on Gambling. That is a regular feature for EEGS Day 1. The 2015 Regulators Round Table was attended by representatives of the following countries: Bulgaria, Portugal, Gibraltar, Litva, Malta, Oland Island and Bulgaria. The discussion concentrated on the regulatory framework, and the trends for the industry as seen from the point of view of regulators.
- Topic 1: Highlighting of the trends in sports betting product verticals
- Topic 2: Poker matters of the highest topical interest, in order to reverse the trends for its decline
- Topic 3: Mobile games, as powerful tools for attracting punters from the Millenial Generation
- Gambling tourism and the perspectives for its development, with a presentation by Macao Carlos Siu Lam, researcher from Macao, including examples from that famed gambling capital.
BEGE Expo 2015 - Balkan Entertainment & Gaming Exhibition
The Balkan Gaming and Entertainment Expo (BEGE) 2015 Awards: distinguishments for leading companies and their innovative solutions
BEGE Expo is held in Inter Expo Center in Sofia, Bulgaria, and invites exhibitors from the gaming and entertainment industry as well as visitors from all corners of the globe. The products and services presented at the exhibition are used in entertainment and shopping centers, hotels restaurants, casinos, etc. Presented also are digital technology products, security systems, mobile applications, vending equipment, etc.
The 8th exhibition of new products, technological solutions, and diverse features related to the entertainment sector featured exhibits by leaders in the industry. The criteria for distinguishing the winners were the extent of innovation, creativity, and genuineness of concepts, which are key for the progress of gaming technology worldwide.
Most Innovative Product 2015: the ARCH™ Slot Machine by Casino Technology. The Slot Machine won the award by standing out with features like its horizontally positioned, 42” full HD customized display. At BEGE Expo 2015, ARCH™ was shown off together with its GAMOPOLIS ARCH multigame series.
Most successful multigame product 2015: EGT Premier Series by Euro Games Technology.
Most successful positioning of a new product brand 2015: United Dreams Multigame by JPL, with positioning in Bulgaria, as well as in Romania, Serbia, and Macedonia.
Most loyal components supplier 2015: SUZOHAPP.
Most comprehensive platform for online betting and remote games: NYX OGS by Nyx Gaming Group.
Most effective operations marketing strategy for the local operators market: Efbet.
Operator with the most outstanding concept of a complete gaming and entertainment complex: Royale Palms Casinos.
Operator with the best selection of versatile gaming equipment: SESAME gaming clubs.
Additional awards at BEGE 2015: special merits for leading developers in the gaming industry in Bulgaria
Most popular product in the gaming industry 2015: New Games and Eurobet
Annual award for most progressive international company: Novo Invest Bulgaria, part of NOVOMATIC Group.
Provider of the most versatile mix of importing gaming equipment: Alfastreet Trade BG.
BEGE Expo 2015: specially geared towards attracting students from Bulgarian universities via its Career Center
The importance of BEGE Expo 2015 is not only as an event for professionals who can learn novelties, establish contacts, and discuss topical problems of the industry, but also as a forum where university students can discover the gaming industry in a new light.
The BECE Expo Career Center convened students from leading Bulgarian universities and enabled them to gain state-of-the-art information on professional career opportunities in the gaming industry. The opportunity for online registration attracted about one hundred students who attended the exhibition and the accompanying events dedicated to online and offline gaming, like the Eastern European Gaming Summit. The students were able to hear presentations on important topics related to the gaming industry delivered by professionals and representatives of international associations.
Gaming StartUp Challenge: The contest for startups in the gaming and entertainment industry
The Gaming StartUp Challenge included five participant companies who competed for the prize. Each of the companies delivered a 5 minute sales pitch which was of special interest for the attending students and served as further motivation for them.
The benefits for the students attending the Career Center and BEGE Expo 2015
In the Career Center, the students had ample opportunities to learn about the aspects of the gaming industry which are of importance for its progress, the challenges that experts, entrepreneurs and other professionals are faced with, the innovations that are developed. The attendance in the framework of BEGE Expo 2015 also enriched the students’ knowledge and enabled them to hear and contact with professionals with experience and innovative spirit.
Technological innovations and new horizons for the gaming business at BEGE Expo 2015
At BEGE Expo 2015, over 60 companies from over 14 countries from the region of the Balkans and Eastern Europe attended to present their latest products and technological solutions. These were presented by manufacturers, operators, vendors, and other industry professionals. The attendees came from Bulgaria, as well as from Romania, Slovenia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, Malta, Sweden, Gibraltar, Italy, Korea, Great Britain, the USA, Isle of Man.
Among the leaders in the industry were Novomatic, Apex, Alfastreet Slovenia, Interblock, Advansys, IGT, SBTech, Alpha Display, Konami and its European representative Intergames, Future Gaming Europe, etc.
The Bulgarian companies which presented their newest products and technologies included: Casino Technology, Casino Technology Interactive, Alfastreet Trade BG, EGT, Novo Invest Bulgaria which is part of Novomatic, Noble Gaming, Casino Game Innovation, Bulgames, Rodiz, Wizzy Cast, Inter Service Uzunovi, Decart, Vartec, AvantX Techlology, Barrisol Bulgaria, Enco Vending, SBB Group, etc.
Other leading international companies which exhibited their products and services at BEGE Expo 2015 included IGSoft, London Gaming Company, Proxima 3, Innovative Technology, Baum Games, Alberici, etc.
Products exhibited: gaming equipment, gaming content, development of online and mobile games
- Casino Management Systems: by Future Gaming and Advansys
- Cabinets and multigames, plus the iDROP solution for mounting at gaming tables, and the EVO platform for high definition graphics: by Apex Gaming
- ARCH™ Slot Machine, with a unique 42” full HD customized display: by Casino Technology, a leading Bulgarian manufacturer
- GAMOPOLIS – SPEEDWAY multigame series, with over 200 unique titles, new interface and enhanced gameplay: by Casino Technology
- 8 PEACOCKS™ - multilevel progressive jackpot link: by Casino Technology
- THE BIG 5™ - multichannel gaming solution, comprising not only a casino management system and a remote game server, but also a jackpot server, an online gaming platform, and a money management system
- United Dreams Multigame, with 15 games: by JPL, a Bulgarian company
- WizzyCast™ for digital signage, and the EYESIGHT and WIZZYCAST Jackpot Visualization Engine: by Avant-X Technology, also a Bulgarian company
- Monitors, validators, and cabinet components: by SUZOHAPP
- Payment options, with notes and coins recycling solutions, by Innovative technology
There were also other innovative products and services exhibited.
Time to appreciate the beauty of ladies in the gaming industry: Miss Gaming BEGE 2015
At the entertainment complex in Paradise Center, beautiful ladies competed for the Miss Gaming BEGE 2015 title on the first day of BEGE Expo. The finalists were nineteen, and shone in dresses by the Paloma Fashion House, the official fashion house of the event, and in glasses provided by KWIAT.
The crown adorned Irena Petrova, Miss Royale Palms, Sofia, with Mariela Nikolova, Miss CGI Club, and Valeria Docheva, Miss Mosta Casino, as the runners-up.
Free Slots by Game Maker
Follow us on Facebook
Free Slots by Type
Casinos by Country
Casinos by Software
- Cryptologic Casinos
- Microgaming Casinos
- Nextgen Gaming Casinos
- WGS Technology
- WMS Gaming
- TopGame Technology
- Thunderkick Casinos
- SkillOnNet Casinos
- RTG Casinos
- Rival Gaming
- IGT Casinos
- EGT Casinos
- BetSoft Gaming
- Netent Casinos
- Playtech Casinos
- Play N Go Casinos
- NuWorks Gaming
- Novomatic Casinos
- Aristocrat Casinos