Gambling Guide for Beginners
You may be a novice to casino gambling, so you need advice on how to choose the online casino meeting your preferences. Typically, novice players’ goals include choosing casinos where they can have entertaining gaming experiences, with smooth running games, full of excitement and of bonus opportunities. You would also be pleased to see a range of promotions that will help you win more as you return to the casino as a regular player further on.
On our website, we provide you with handy guides, outlining the pros and cons of each casino we feature. Our reviews give you the practical information that will help you decide if the casino reviewed will meet your preferences. Don’t make the mistake of choosing the first option you see online, read the tips below, and little by little you will build your own system of choosing among online casinos. We take a professional approach, we don’t just pick a casino and offer it to your attention, we research online casinos good and bad sides, and the ones we recommend can be trusted.
Read the terms and conditions before you open your account
Each online casino has its own terms and conditions. The very first thing to do before you open an account is to read these terms and conditions, paying special attention to the terms for your gaming, and especially to those which refer to the bonuses and promotions offered.
Try the free play account first
After you register your account, you can download the casino software, or you can start playing in your browser. Typically online casinos will offer you free play accounts. It is better to start playing for free before you start playing for real. When you register your real money account, choose the currency and banking method you prefer. These will be used both for depositing and for withdrawing. Please note that the banking methods can vary, according to the country from which you are playing.
Withdrawals and verification documents
Your withdrawals will be done in the method you choose for depositing. If you have won a very large amount, it can be paid via wire transfer. The casino may request for verification documents before your first withdrawal, to ensure safety and prevent fraud. The verification will only be asked for once. It typically includes copy of the credit card you used to deposit, of your ID document, also bank statements and utility bills which will confirm your address. You can send the verification documents by fax or via email.
Learn when it is time to stop!
When you start gambling, you will have fun and want to play on and on. But it is important to feel the time has come for you to stop. Don’t be tempted to play for hours on end, though your budget for the day is limited. You should stick to the budget you have allotted, and be sure to never spend more money than you can afford to put at stake and lose. When you are in a bad run, it is time to stop. If you are tired or unwell, it is time to quit the game and call it a day. Last but by means the least, be sure to cash out your winnings, and do not reverse your withdrawal. When you do your gambling responsibly, and stick within your budget, you will not have reasons for disappointment.
How to avoid rogue sites
When you start looking at online casinos, it is, indeed, difficult to choose. The number of sites for online gambling is high, and you will need tips on how to avoid rogue ones and choose fair gambling ones.
Learn to avoid rogue sites, as you may end up not winning, but losing because of their unfair terms. If you see any of the signs below that a casino site may be a rogue, please be sure to do some research on the Internet. The comments in different forums can tell you about unpleasant experiences of other players, so you will learn that these casino sites are definitely to be avoided.
- Licensing - Look, in the first place, at the licensing that a casino has, at the terms and conditions, and at the software providers. If the license is unknown, the terms and conditions are unclearly stated, and the software provider is not among the household names in the industry, that should raise a red flag. Licensing is especially important to ensure the casino is a trustworthy one. Please look for the popular and trusted gambling jurisdiction authorities: Government of Gibraltar, Malta LGA, eCogra, Alderney gambling Control Commission.
- Auditors - Yet another item to look at is the auditors. If they are unknown, that is another reason for suspicion. Trusted auditors ensure that gaming is done fairly and securely.
- Too generous promotions and bonuses - Another sign which should make you suspicious are the offers of unrealistic promotions and bonuses. What seems attractive at first glance may lead you to losses further on!
- Processing of payments - In the forums where online casino players share experiences, there can also be complaints shared about examples of unfair treatment of payments: no payments, or large delays in withdrawals, etc. These are other surefire signs that the casino is a rogue one, and you should not trust it. Trustworthy online casinos help you to get withdrawals very fast. There can be differences in the length of time depending on the banking method you choose, but typically it should take less than 4 hours for winnings to be withdrawn.
- Support - As you play, you often need to contact the support team. Trustworthy casinos offer assistance to customers not only in the FAQ section, but also by different communication, live chat, email, phone, and even by ordinary mail. Communication is important to ensure that if you have a problem while playing and need help, you will be able to use the most convenient way of contacting the support team and they will instantly respond and help to solve the problem. When you see complaints of poor or slow support team service at an online casino, that is yet another reason to avoid it.
No matter which casino you choose to play on, please be sure to gamble responsibly and prudently. The tips above will help you avoid bad experiences in your gaming.