Playing Video Poker will fill you with thrills. You will meet a challenge in this game, because you must know the strategy well in order to grab the highest winning chances. Another feature that will appeal to you is the high return for the game, among the highest payouts possible in online games.
The manner of playing
First, choose the number of credit for playing on the spin. Typically you will be offered one to five credits. On many machines, you will, too, decide the amount for playing for each credit. Please consult the pay table about the prizes that you may get for the amount that you choose to play on.
Second, you will be dealt the cards, the first one for the game. To get the cards, press the Deal button. Typically the machine will simulate a five cards draw. You will get these cards from a standard deck of 52 cards. Sometimes one or more Jokers will be added.
Then you must choose which of these cards you want to keep and which ones you are going to throw.
The cards you have discarded will be replaced with new cars, chosen at random from the remainder of the cards in the deck.
Now about the object of your game. You must strive to achieve the best hand of five cards possible. The better hand you make, the more rewarding your winnings. You will be paid the value of your hand according to the pay table.
The Video Poker variations can offer you up to 100 hands.
The most popular Video Poker games
The knowledge of the various Video Poker games will enable you to find the game most suited to your level of skills achieved and your preferences. Games like Deuces Wild are suited to you if you are still learning. Later, when you are already seasoned, 100 hand games will match your need for challenge.
In Deuces Wild, a 2 will serve as a wildcard. You will get four of a kind payout for one third of the payback percentage for the game.
In Joker’s Wild, the Joker will be the wild. That Joker ads another winning hand in the five of a kind.
In the Jacks or Better variant, which is a common game in the Video Poker section, the payouts will start with a pair of Jacks. Another name for the full pay game is 9/6 Jacks or Better, because the payout for a full house equals 9 times the bet, and the payout for a flush equals 6 times the bet amount.
Tens or Better is a variation of Jack or Better. In that game, the minimum paying hand will be a 10s pair, not a Jack pair. The full house and the flush payouts are different from those for Deuces Wild.
All American Poker, as you can find by playing it, is similar to Jacks or Better. In that variant, the payouts are higher for flushes, for straights, and for straight flushes. However, the payouts for full houses and for two pairs are smaller.
There, too, you will find multi play Poker, in which you will begin with a base hand, and for each subsequent hand you will draw from a different cards set with the base hand. In multi play games, you will find options like Triple, Five, Ten, Fifty, and One Hundred Play.
In the course of playing Video Poker variants without a wildcard, you will get the four of a kind hand at a frequency of once for each 500 hands. The highest payout comes with the royal flush, but it is rare, and typically you must play many thousands of hands before you get it.
Your advantage in Video Poker
Your advantage will include not only your payouts, but, too, cashback, free play, and other comp perks.
- To get the most payout, play the maximum coins. Thus you will have the chance of getting the highest hand.
- Please remember that the cards are selected randomly. There is no factor which can aid to make the machine act in an unfair way.
- Usually you will find a slot club card. Be sure to use it, as this is an opportunity for free money, and can increase your edge. After you put that card in, check that the game will be able to read it, and that the connection is not lost.
- To get the most winnings, it is worth searching for the site with the most generous machines. Some sites offer auspicious subscriptions.
- In some Video Poker games, you will have the double up feature, and the bet you can make then will be with no house edge. If you just wish to play long, you had better decline that feature. But if you are striving for high volatility, it is worth accepting it, and you can maximize your returns in that way. To sum up, you can opt for higher or lower risk.
- You will be interested in the rule for tipping. Generally you can tip from 0.5% to 1%. The smaller the jackpot is, the larger percentage is suitable. In games in which you will often get hand pays, you can only tip on large wins, or when the end of the session comes.
What bonus values you can expect
Online casinos regularly offer bonuses for new players, and match their first deposits with appealing bonuses. Do not be misled in thinking that finally you will lose that amount as you play on. You can turn bonuses into lucrative features, if you play in the proper way.
In most times, you will bust out early, and will not have to match the play requirement. So the expected return you will get will be close to your initial bankroll. Sometimes, when you hit an early royal, you will be able to match the requirements.
There is another tip that can help you to gain an even greater advantage: you should start with aggressive playing. However, if you are a novice, the standard strategy for Video Poker is the best policy.
On some machines, the bonuses are unique, including progressive jackpots. They will urge you to play using more coins, and to play as often as you can. With luck, you can match the winnings of the former San Diego mayor, M.O’Connor, who won in excess of one billion dollars.